Lone Pine Property Overview
- Bard Ventures Ltd signs an option agreement with the Merkley brothers of Houston, B.C. on the Lone Pine Claims in early 2007.
- On January 11, 2007, Bard Ventures embarked on a seven drillhole NQ-2 diamond drill program covering the whole property comprising 2 holes in the Alaskite Zone (#1 and 7) and 1 hole in the Quartz Breccia Zone (#2). Foraco Drilling (formerly Connors Drilling Ltd) of Kamloops, BC, was contracted to perform the work. A total of 2,836.4 m of NQ-2 coring including 1103.10 m in the Alaskite Zone was completed on February 18, 2007.
- Initiated in early 2007 Bard completed a 3D Induced Polarization (IP) and magnetic survey at Lone Pine.
- A Petrographic and Mineralogical study was conducted on the Lone Pine Property Alaskite Zone and Quartz Breccia Zone in late August 2008.
- A second program was run in order to infill the drill pattern and exploring for larger mineralized zones focusing mainly on the Alaskite Zone comprising holes BD-07-04, BD-07-08 and 09, and BD-07-13 to BD-07-23. Additional drilling was completed in the Quartz Breccia Zone (BD-07-06) following up BD-07-02. The program was completed on December 2007, and coring in Alaskite Zone totaled in 4,715.31 m.
- The third program of holes, within the Alaskite Zone, BD-08-24 to BD-08-32 focused on extending the area of good results of holes BD-07-15, 16 and 23. All holes hit mineralized Alaskite between and intercalated with mineralized hanging and foot wall Andesite to a different degree.
- In February 2008, another 5 holes were drilled in the Quartz Breccia Zone, holes BDQ-08-01 to BDQ-08-05 following up the results of BD-07-02 and BD-07-06.
- Two holes were drilled into a third zone, the Granby Zone, pursuing the historical results encountered in percussion hole M-3.
- A total of 9835.06m was drilled, and the third phase was completed in May 2008.
- After the spring break, the fourth phase comprising of holes BD-08-33 to BD-08-48 was started in July, 2008. This program was initiated in order to explore the SW boundary of the Alaskite Zone and to infill the drill pattern on a basis of 50 m spacing to the North-East, and 100 m spacing to the North-West. 8,957.29 m were drilled until October, 2008.
- A small surface mapping program was initiated in May of 2008 focussing on the Alaskite zone and surrounding areas.
- A resource estimate and NI 43-101 commenced in June 0f 2008 with metallurgical samples sent in for processing.
- An airborne orthophotography survey was flown in September 2008 with coverage of the entire Lone Pine Property Claims.
- Bard has drilled 41 holes, totalling 21,557.36m, in the Alaskite Zone so far. 11 holes are collared in Alaskite, and average grades of 0.07 to 0.1 % Mo over at least 700 m from top to bottom of hole were found in BD-08-25, 28, 29, 35, 36, and 38. Drill holes BD-07-07, 08, 14 and 20 indicate the eastern termination of the mineralized zone, and BD-07-17, 41, and 44 indicate the NE edge of the mineralization. Drill holes BD-08-31, 32, 33, and 34 indicate that the Alaskite dips to the NNW at 70 deg and found the mineralized zone covered by very weak mineralized Andesite of varying thickness down to 950 m (#31) open to depth at the western margin.